Remembrance Photography

"The Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation is there for parents and families to help aid them in their HEALING, bring HOPE to their future, and HONOR to their child. It is through REMEMBRANCE that a family can truly begin to heal."

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Photoshop Actions

Martin and I have become friends with Colton Spencer in our ward.  He is about my age and is a professional photographer.  He is kindly showing me the ropes.  He came over a couple weeks ago and spent about an hour showing me some valuable things:
  • Workflow through Bridge, Camera Raw, and Photoshop
  • How to write Photoshop Actions to batch process and save images
  • How to create my own watermark and create an action to add it to photos
  • When working with clients be upfront about expectations then "underpromise and overdeliver." (Say it will take you a month to edit and then get it done in one week, for example.)
  • How to use the Curves layer in Photoshop rather than the histogram
  • How to sharpen eyes and whiten teeth
  • He actually downloaded several sets of Photoshop Actions for me to use free of charge!
  • At another time he's going to show me how to make HDR images in Photoshop, how to merge pictures, how to use Liquefy to make people skinnier, and how to use a make-up action (to actually apply make-up to people's faces!).
  • This was all just after he did a photo shoot for my family.  It was amazingly relaxed and fun and the girls did wonderful.  He edited the photos for me but also gave me the RAW files so I can practice editing as well.
Colton's Edit

My Edit 

Colton is the mentor I have been looking for.  He is eager to help and share his knowledge and answers all my questions.  I am still extremely hesitant to seek photo shoots and just see this as a hobby right now but hopefully I can push out of my shell as my skills and knowledge grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment